To qualify for a Habitat home, your family must be:
- Living or working in the City of Fredericksburg or the counties of Stafford, Spotsylvania or King George for at least one year immediately prior to applying for a Habitat home.
- Unable to qualify for any type of conventional home financing.
- Living in inadequate/substandard housing.
- Able to finance an interest-free Habitat mortgage with a reliable source of income.
- Willing to partner and work with Habitat through sweat equity and homeownership classes.
Don’t meet our criteria? Other Housing Options
How do I get an application for a Habitat Home?
Habitat for Humanity adheres to strict non-discrimination policies and all Fair Housing Laws.
- Attend orientation
- Complete the application received at orientation
- Credit, employment, and references are checked
- A home visit is arranged with the most qualified applicants
- A recommendation is presented to the Board
- Families are notified of their status
Families who are selected to participate in the program must work the required 500 hours of sweat equity and attend the required classes in order to purchase the home when it is completed.
Please contact the Habitat office to find out the dates and times for our upcoming orientation sessions.