Fredericksburg Habitat’s Home Repair Program helps revitalize the neighborhood, increase the value of the home, foster community cooperation, preserve homeownership, and ensure homeowners live in safe housing by providing affordable options for home repairs.
Our repair program is modeled after key elements of our Home buying Program. In order to keep labor costs down, we use volunteers for most projects. This saves as much as 2/3rds off the cost of a repair.
In addition to saving money by using volunteers, Fredericksburg Habitat has identified key lending partners that offer low-cost loans, and in some cases grants, further reducing the cost to the homeowner. In addition to third-party lending partners, Fredericksburg Habitat offers in-house affordable loans for qualified applicants.
- Applicant requirements
- 50% below Area Median Income
- Owner occupied (We will build ramps on rental properties with owner permission)
- To qualify for a loan, the ability to repay must be demonstrated
- Ability to perform sweat equity hours
- Ability to meet grant terms if a grant is received
- Some grants may have stipulations like taking a credit or budgeting classes