Our housing program brings the community together to work alongside homeowners who need a helping hand. The program serves people who:
- Need housing because their current home is inadequate or unsafe or because their rent represents an unreasonable ratio based on their income
- Have the ability to finance a monthly mortgage and utilities
- Are willing to put in 500 hours of sweat equity
- Are legal residents (all household members must be legal residents)
- Have been a resident or work within our service area for at least the past year (The Greater Fredericksburg Habitat for Humanity serves the City of Fredericksburg and the Counties of Stafford, Spotsylvania and King George.)
If you or someone you know meets this criteria and needs assistance, apply for homeownership.
A Brush with Kindness
A Brush with Kindness helps low-income homeowners who are unable to complete home repairs due to financial or physical limitations. This program increases the value of the homeowner’s property and helps give a renewed sense of pride to the homeowner.