Coming 4/26/2014 the 7th Annual Ride VA Poker Run
GFHFH had another successful Poker Run in our 6th annual Ride VA event. The bottom line, we had a net profit of about $13,000, our largest yet. All these proceeds will help to complete our Carter Habitat home in southern Spotsylvania County. We had 167 participants in the event with 30 sponsors. The Ride started at Quaker Steak & Lube in Central Park, with a stop at The Barn in southern Spotsylvania County near the Carter build site. The ride participants helped build the interior walls for the Carter home in the parking lot at The Lube. The 84 Lumber store near Highway 17 and I95 donated the lumber for these walls.
We would like to thank the following sponsors for the Ride VA 2013 event:
- Fredericksburg Area Association of Realtors (FAAR) – for providing critical committee volunteers, Ride Day volunteers, help with publicity and key support for the event
- Site Sponsor – Quaker Steak & Lube
- Platinum Sponsors – Wells Fargo Bank, American Air Services, Inc., EPM (Emergency Planning Management) and SRE (Strategic Resolution Experts, Inc.)
- Gold Sponsors – Atlantic Builders, Century 21 New Millennium –Fredericksburg, Century 21 New Millennium – Stafford, Eagle Dining (UMW), Kevin’s Roofing, Ni River Community Church, Rider Insurance, Spotsylvania Towne Centre, The Planned Event, The Title Professionals and Virginia Paving
- Silver Sponsors –Anytime Limo, Bowling Franklin & Co. LLP, Five 40 Roller Girls, JK Carpets, Nicks Construction Home Improvement and NSWC FCU
- Bronze Sponsors – Amy’s Café, Ari’s House of Dance, Camp Benjamin, Exit Realty Expertise, Fredericksburg Guidebook, LLC, Locke Financial Services, LLC, Mild 2 Wild Cycles and Whitlock Wealth Management
- DJ services – Classic Entertainment
We also received prize donations from many companies so we were able to give away many door prize drawings. We also want to thank some of the companies/organizations that donated large value gifts for the event: Fawn Lake Golf Course, who donated a certificate for rounds of golf valued at $400; H. H. Gregg who donated a Samsung Galaxy at $350; J. F. Fick, who donated a banner listing the large sponsors of the event and the Rappahannock YMCA who donated a certificate for a 6-month family membership at the YMCA, valued at $550.
We also want to thank all the volunteers who worked on this event. As we do with our home building, we rely on volunteers to make it happen and we had some outstanding, enthusiastic volunteers who worked hard to make the event a success and raise funds to help build another Habitat home.
Look for information soon on our website about our 7th annual Poker Run in April 26, 2014