Our sponsors make it possible for us to partner with families and the community to meet housing needs in our service area.
Ways to Partner with Us
- General Sponsorship: Make a donation to support an unspecified need. We are good financial stewards of donations and will make sure your money is used in the place where it is needed most.
- House Sponsorship: Sponsor all or part of a build or a rehab.
- ReStore Sponsorship: Make a donation to support transportation, warehousing, or other ReStore needs.
- Event Sponsorship: Sponsor an event or portion of an event. You can also purchase ad space in event programs.
- Administrative or Technological Sponsorship: Provide technical equipment and office supplies to support our office. Please contact us at (540-891-5009)
The Greater Habitat for Humanity gives a hand up instead of a handout. We provide support to hardworking, low-income families who qualify to become homeowners through our family selection process. Our families represent an important segment of the community – the hardworking families who earn less than the median income and live in inadequate housing. Additionally, our Brush With Kindness program keeps homeowners in their homes and protects their financial investments by making repairs to alleviate health, and safety issues.
We follow the model established by Habitat for Humanity International, which has a proven track record of success within theUnited States and around the world. The model is simple:
- We raise donations for construction and rehabilitation projects. We must raise a portion of the funds before starting each build and continue to raise the remaining amount during the construction period.
- We sell homes to homeowners at a 0% interest rate and receive monthly mortgage payments.
- Best of all, we work with our homeowners to inspire long-term financial stability.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and commitment to eradicating inadequate housing conditions in the City of Fredericksburg and the Counties of Stafford, Spotsylvania and King George.